Carol Janssen Honored with 2017 OSA
Since 1991, the volunteer Renton River Days (RRD) Board of Directors has selected an individual, team or organization to receive the festival’s Outstanding Service Award. This year, the Board selected long-time community member Carol Janssen, for her years of volunteer service, sharing her talents and expertise in graphic design, marketing and social media platforms, and helping to facilitate and sustain thirty-two years of continuous financial support from her employer, First Financial Northwest Bank. (Renton River Days celebrates 32 years this year)
Highlights of Janssen’s volunteer service:
- Volunteer RRD Board member since 2009
- Served as Chairman of the Board of Directors from January 2013 – December 2014
- Has helped to represent First Financial Northwest Bank for 30+ years and advocate for sustained significant funding support (FFNWB has been a premier festival supporter all 32 years)
- Helps to administer the RRD Facebook page and other social media platforms
- Helps to administer RRD financial accounts and services as needed
- In 2014, Janssen designed and managed the “RRD Selfie-Adventure,” where gamers would follow clues on social media and take/post selfies at locations, then completed game entries entered for a chance at an impressive array of prizes
- Janssen provides cost-saving and significant efforts with annual graphic and marketing production; adapt officially themed logo graphics as needed for numerous materials such as: letterhead, update various applications, posters, festival schedule, official guide, rack cards, inserts, mailers, and various festival souvenir products such as buttons, youth and adult t-shirts, mugs, water bottles and more.
- Janssen is an accomplished photographer and shares RRD photos each year to augment our files and archives; photos consistently used in presentations and marketing materials.
The festival’s Outstanding Service Award recognizes exemplary pride and dedication towards the continued success of Renton’s community festival, and gratefully acknowledges the commitment and efforts of a volunteer, team, organization, or community partner who help ensure the legacy of Renton’s festival traditions and community spirit. Past recipients have primarily included well-deserving individuals, but also teams such as the City of Renton Parks and Recreation Departments, and employees of First Financial Northwest Bank who volunteer in large numbers to help organize, manage, and stage the parade.Outstanding Service Award recipients include (1991-2017): Doug Kyes, Char Baker, Don Persson, Toni Nelson, Sylva Coppock, Pat Newberry, Joyce Williams, Sam Chastain, City of Renton Park Maintenance & Recreation Divisions, Sandy Chastain, Tim Searing, Jeff Lukins, Chuck Tiernan, Jerry Rerecich, Pat O’Dell, Mark Kotlan, Suzanne Thompson, First Financial Northwest Bank Parade Volunteers, Helenanne Botham, Kiwanis/Lions/Rotary Service Clubs, Norm and Carol Abrahamson, Renee Lukins, Kent Phillips (STAR 101.5 FM), Bonnie Rerecich, Jerry Kavesh, IKEA, and Carol Janssen.