Sunday, July 28
Rubber Ducky Derby
Sponsored by Rotary Club of Renton
The last day of Renton River Days means it is time for the Rotary Club Rubber Ducky Derby! Thousands of little yellow ducks will wait at the Houser Way Bridge at 4:30pm, ready to jump into the water and race down the Cedar River. Purchase of Rubber Ducky tickets will let you cheer your duck to possible victory and have a chance to win one of five valuable prizes at the same time. This much anticipated event benefits the Salvation Army Renton Rotary Food Bank, Renton School District, and other deserving area nonprofits.
For each $5 ticket, supporters have a chance to win one of several great prizes (2018 list below; 2019 TBD!):
- 1st Place: 2019 WINNER Jason Parker – $1,000 Cash donated by Renton Rotarians
- 2nd Place: 2019 WINNER Patty Protzeller – $750 Cash donated by Renton Coil Spring Co.
- 3rd Place: 2019 WINNER Krishna Kanth – $500 Gift Card donated by IKEA
- 4th Place: 2019 WINNER Tamara Fritz – $500 Gift Certificate from King & Bunnys Appliances
- 5th Place: 2019 WINNER Christine Grover – $525 Gift Package of Renton Dining donated by Melrose Grill, Torero’s, The Gyros House, Wildfin Grill, The Rock, Jimmy Mac’s, The Red House and Marianna.
Tickets are available for purchase:
- At the Renton Rotary Exhibitor Booth in Liberty Park during festival weekend July 26 – 28
- Along the Parade route on South 3rd Street on Saturday, July 27
- At the Renton Rotary table at the Tuesday Renton Farmers Market at the Piazza
- At Cugini Florists, St. Charles Place Antiques, Garland Jewelers, and The Renton Printery, located in downtown Renton
- From any Renton Rotary Club member